ICP in the media
This page includes links to coverage of ICP in the media. Some of the fundraising events are also cover on our Recent fundraising page.
ICP in the news 2017
- An article by Jenny Chambers and Alice Tuson entitled Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP) – Fact or Fiction? was published in Australian Midwifery News – volume 17, issue 1 – https://www.midwives.org.au/magazines/australian-midwifery-news.
ICP in the news 2015
- Yvonne Corbishley’s bike ride featured in the Eastbourne Herald.
- Laura Lockwood’s Bath Colour Obstacle Rush reported in the Wiltshire Times on 15 July.
- Kerry Anderson’s story featured in the Dundee Courier on 14 July. You can also download a PDF of the article.
- Lisa McNally’s story featured on Channel 9 News in Australia on 4 July.
- James Osborne’s bike ride in aid of ICP Support is covered in the Nottingham Post.
- Lisa McNally’s story of the loss of her baby is featured at Essential Baby in Australia.
- Amy Sparkes promotes her new book, The Mouse who Sailed the Seas, as well as ICP Support. Amy is donating some of her royalties to the charity.
Exeter Express and Echo
This is the West Country
Here’s Amy’s blog about the Tiverton Library event.
- Emily Harvey’s story is featured in the Newark Advertiser. Her mother-in-law, Kerry Holden lives near Newark and arranged for the story to be published during Awareness Week.
ICP in the news 2014
- Lisa Grund, manager of our Australia and New Zealand Facebook group, was featured in the Queensland Times on 13 December.
- Emily Harvey has raised a massive £2310 (plus Gift Aid) for ICP Support in memory of her son Oliver. She tells her story in the 8 December issue of New! magazine. Download/view the article here (PDF).
Since the article appeared we have also received a further £200 in additional donations. You can donate at Emily’s JustGiving page.
- Clare Johnson’s story is in the Autumn issue of Seeds & Saplings, the magazine of the St Albans & District NCT.
- Three-page article on ICP in the South African magazine Your Pregnancy, featuring two women’s stories.
- Claire Carter tells her story in Real People.
- ICP and ICP Support featured in the September issue of Prima Baby & Pregnancy magazine in the UK. It’s on page 61 of the print edition.
- Sophie Taylor’s charity climb of the Eiffel Tower has seen her nominated for a Trinity Mirror/ScottishPower Your Champions 2014 award.
- Jenny Chambers interviewed by children’s author Amy Sparkes.
- Yvonne Corbishley’s story was featured in the Eastbourne Herald (May 2014).
- Sophie Taylor raised £457 by climbing the Eiffel Tower on her birthday.
- The Chester Chronicle previews Sophie Taylor’s sponsored climb of the Eiffel Tower.
- Daily Record article on Gillian Trueman’s story.
- Garstang Courier article on Claire Carter and Richard Horman’s Awareness week fundraising event.
- Alice Tuson’s Awareness Week coffee morning previewed in the St Albans and Harpenden Review
- Kim Cullum’s story was featured on TVNZ’s ‘One News’ programme in New Zealand on 7 February.
- Emma Holt’s story is featured in the Sunday Post. You can also download a PDF of the article.
ICP in the news 2013
- Magdalen Rees and Mags Barr’s stories were featured in the Daily Mail on 10 December 2013.
- Essentially MIDIRS published Top 10 things to know about intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) by Alice Tuson and Jenny Chambers in the November 2013 issue.
- Caitlin Pieters has written a comprehensive article about ICP in published in Baby Talk Professional Forum in South Africa. We think this is the first such article in the South African media.
- Victoria Owen’s ICP story was featured in the Birmingham Mail on 2 October.
- The London to Windsor bike ride was reported in the South Bucks Star on 2 October.
- The London to Windsor bike ride was reported in the Hailsham Gazette on 17 September.
- Yvonne Corbishley tells her ICP story in the May issue of Practical Parenting & Pregnancy.
ICP in the news 2012
- Clare Naughton tells about her experience of OC in the December issue of Prima Baby.
- Two articles in the October 2012 issue of The Practising Midwife: by Obstetric Cholestasis (OC) by Jenny Chambers and Alice Tuson and Reflection on a pregnancy complicated by obstetric cholestasis by Gemma Steele.
- BMJ paper on OC, co-authored by Jenny Chambers: Ursodeoxycholic acid versus placebo, and early term delivery versus expectant management, in women with intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: semifactorial randomised clinical trial
- Alice Tuson featured in St Albans & Harpenden Review
- A deadly urge to itch (PDF): That’s Life magazine article about Kerry Evans’s experience of OC (Issue 21; published 17 May).
- An itch during pregnancy could be obstetric cholestasis: Daily Telegraph article about OC.
- Jenny Chambers interviewed on Radio Verulam on 3 May. Listen to the free iTunes podcast: ‘Complications in Pregnancy’.
- Antenatal Online blog post about OC Support.
- Third Sector notes Kim Medcalf as patron of OC Support.
- Midirs covers OC Support charity launch (no longer available).
- Midwives magazine reports on OC Support charity launch.
- Flying Start website coverage of OC Support launch.
- Amy Sparkes (2012) The pregnancy itch. NCT Matters, March 2012, page 38.
Amy Sparkes explains how she coped with obstetric cholestasis during her three pregnancies.
OC in the news 2011
- Jenny Chambers and Alice Tuson (2011) Scratching can reveal more than just an itch. The Practising Midwife, October, pages 30–33.
- Alice Tuson and Jenny Chambers (2011) Obstetric cholestasis: information about the condition, its consequences for women, and why this knowledge is important to midwives and others caring for women in pregnancy, labour and afterwards. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 21(3), pages 324–328.
- The BBC reports on research at Imperial College – 2 August 2011.
- Alice Tuson (2011) OC – My personal experience. NCT Mid-Sussex Newsletter, Summer, Pages 48–51.
Alice’s own story.
- Royal Wedding street party (go to page 2)
- Newport man to skydive for pregnancy charity
OC in the news 2010
- Jenny Chambers (2010) A deadly itch. Midwives, June/July, Pages 36–37.
An article written to raise awareness of OC among midwives.